We long for a time when none of these policies would be needed and agree that compliance with many will be frustrating to all. However we are also overjoyed that we can once again meet together in public worship. The following plan will begin on June 7, 2020.
GHURC COVID Safety Plan
- If you or anyone in your household has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 such as fever > 100.4, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing we ask that you stay home. Please take advantage of the Lynden URC live stream and/or the audio recording of the GHURC service.
- Wait to enter the outdoor service area until 15 minutes before service start time, or 10 minutes before indoor services.
- At the conclusion of the worship service, the body will be dismissed in an orderly fashion. Please wait to hold conversations until outside and away from the area specifically used for the worship service.
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands before and after the service, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching your face.
- Based on the requirements in Washington State’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Plan for Religious Meetings, everyone > 2 years of age and without any contraindicated medical condition is asked to wear a face covering when inside the building or in the outdoor area specific for the outdoor worship service. Please bring a personal face covering from home as there will be a limited supply for guests. The person speaking from the pulpit will be at such a set distance from others that will allow for no face covering while in that location.
- Refrain from handshakes and hugs.
- When meeting outdoors, please bring camping/lawn chairs or a blanket for your family to use. There will be no chairs supplied. Each household should sit at least 6 feet apart.
- Restrooms with running water will be provided when meeting both outdoors and indoors. Please limit no more than 2 people in the restroom at a time.
- The offering basket will not be passed, but instead placed at the back of the worship area to receive offerings on exiting.
- Coffee or other snacks will not be served.
- No communal hymnals or Bibles will be supplied. Hymnals will be distributed to each household for use during the time of the COVID Safety Plan. Please remember to bring your household copy for each service.
- For those who feel meeting publicly at this time is unwise for his or his household’s health, do not feel guilty about remaining at home. The CDC states that people older than 65 years or those who have chronic medical conditions such as chronic lung disease, severe asthma, serious heart disease, weakened immune system, diabetes, need dialysis, and or liver disease are at higher risk of severe illness. If you decide to remain at home, please take advantage of the Lynden URC live stream and/or the audio recording of the GHURC services. Please also email or call the elders or deacons for any spiritual or physical needs during this time.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 after attending a GHURC service in the 14 days prior to infection, please inform a member of the GHURC Steering Committee.