Rev. Benjamin Davenport from the Bellingham URC preached on Feb. 16, 2020 from Ephesians 2:1-10. A key point from this sermon was that outside of Christ, [we] are spiritually dead! [We have] no love for God and [we are] totally depraved (Gal. 5) with a heart problem!
LD 49 was read.
- By nature, completely dead in sin!
- Corrupt – enslaved to the world, the devil, and the flesh
- Guilty – under wrath
- By grace, made alive in Christ!
- Saved by grace, through faith to an entirely new life!
- Why does God save us? Purely of grace!
- How does God save us? Through faith!
- What is the result? A new creation life of good works!
- Conclusion (Ez. 37:1-10)