Rev. Benjamin Davenport from the Bellingham URC preached on April 21, 2019. A key principle from this sermon was that Christ is victorious over all sin and death!
- I. Introduction: Sunday – just another day? (vs 1)
- II. The awesome (and terrifying!) scene at the tomb displays God’s almighty power. (vs 2-4; Matt. 27:63-66)
- III. God sends the comfort of the Gospel (vs 5-6; Matt. 16:21; Lk. 24:36; Jn 20:19)
- IV. We must respond to the Gospel (vs 7-10; Matt. 26:32)
- A) The privilege of sharing the Gospel (vs 6-7)
- B) The emotions of the Gospel: Fear & great joy (vs 8)
- C) An encounter with Jesus – Lord and Savior (vs 9)
- D) Jesus Himself speaks to His people (vs 10)
- V. Conclusion: No grudge, no payback, only grace (vs 10)
The Heidelberg Catechism Lord’s Day 7 was read for the Confessional Reading.